Hire in Canada without your own local entity.
Use Pilot as your employer of record and hire employees in Canada and 100+ other countries.
Opening your own entity is expensive and time-consuming.
When you open a legal entity in another country, you need to:
- Pay setup fees
- Open a local bank account
- Find a local lawyer to set up contracts
- Hire a local HR expert
- Find a local finance specialist to run payroll
- Calculate and pay local taxes
- Deal with currency exchange
When Pilot acts as your EOR, you don't need your own entity.
With Pilot as your employer of record, you don’t need to hire a lawyer, HR expert, or finance specialist.
We provide localized contracts, run payroll, take care of taxes, and make sure you stay compliant. All in days, not months. Plus, we don’t charge any setup fees, just a low flat monthly fee.
How does an employer of record (EOR) work?
When you work with an EOR, they legally act as an employer for your employees. Global EORs have local entities set up in different countries, so you don’t need to set up the entities yourself if you’re hiring in those countries.
Pilot enables you to hire employees in Canada and 100+ other countries, because we have entities set up around the world. As your Canadian EOR, we provide local contract templates and take care of payroll, benefits, and compliance for your Canadian employees.
Localized guidance on hiring anywhere.
Country-specific HR expertise
- Our team of local HR experts is a one-stop source for you – no need to have extensive knowledge of Canadian labor laws. Pilot ensures you stay compliant.
Clear, step-by-step onboarding
- Pilot’s guided onboarding process walks you and your new hires through a clear list of onboarding tasks, so you don’t have to be a local expert on how to onboard an employee in Canada
Intuitive platform & friendly support
- The user-friendly platform is automated and self-serve. If you need support, though, we’re happy to chat with you or your employees.
Expert and responsive immigration assistance.
Pilot helps with visas, work permits, and other processes for your international employees and their dependents.
If you want visa assistance, our team provides an assessment of how likely it is to acquire the visa, the typical turnaround time, and the best options for obtaining the visa.
Check out our case study to learn how Pilot helped a client move a team member from Switzerland to Canada (during a pandemic).
One platform for your entire team.
A central system, from onboarding to custom reports
- Pilot supports both contractors and employees in Canada. Onboard your employees and contractors using Pilot, and store and analyze data for your whole team in one place.
Say goodbye to multiple payroll systems
- Run payroll for all your workers — employees and contractors, in Canada and beyond — from one platform
Benefits for contractors and employees
- Your team deserves the best, wherever they happen to live. Offer world-class benefits to your team members in 175+ countries, including health insurance, paid time off, pensions, and more.